All Forums | Main Page | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 PASSENGER LISTS AND EMIGRANTS
 Hunting Passenger Lists
 petra jensen
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Tore
Starting member

Norway
11 Posts

Posted - 06/11/2004 :  23:38:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
In 1910 census of St. Paul I found Arthur C. Smith born in Connecitcut and his wife Lillian born in Norway. Their children are Gertrude and Bradford. In the 1930 census of Minneapolis at the very same original there we can find Hans and Lillian Hansen, we also can find Bradford Smith - 26 y.o. stepson. May this be the answer to our question?
Go to Top of Page

Brining
Norway Heritage Veteran

USA
868 Posts

Posted - 07/11/2004 :  00:34:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It sure looks like that could be Petra/Lillian. In the 1910 census it says that this is the 2nd marriage for Lillian. Arthur says he has been married 7 years. Lillian says 18 years so I am guessing that her 1st marriage was around 1891 or 1892.
In the 1900 census for Ramsey County there is a 25 year old Lillian Livingston living as a boarder. It says she was single but could mean she was divorced or widowed and the person giving the information to the census taker didn't know. This might be her
There is a birth record for Bradford Click Here
Carla
Go to Top of Page

Tore
Starting member

Norway
11 Posts

Posted - 07/11/2004 :  11:50:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
In the 1910 census Gertrude is mentioned as Gertrude L. Smith. In the 1920 census a Gertrude Smith 25 y.o. is living as a logder in Charles Street in Saint Paul. She is mentioned with Norwegian mother while fathers nationality is hard to read.
Go to Top of Page

Tore
Starting member

Norway
11 Posts

Posted - 14/11/2004 :  15:41:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Minneapolis Tribune Tuesday 2/3/48 page 13:
HANSEN--Lillian P. of 815 E. 21st st. Survived by husband Hans, daughter Mrs. Gertrude Palmer, son, Bradford Smith; 6 grandchildren & 6 great-grandchildren. Services Wed. 1 p.m. Barney Anderson & Son Funeral Home. Interment Lakewood.
Go to Top of Page

kjetil
Starting member

Norway
14 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2005 :  19:18:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Tore

Minneapolis Tribune Tuesday 2/3/48 page 13:
HANSEN--Lillian P. of 815 E. 21st st. Survived by husband Hans, daughter Mrs. Gertrude Palmer, son, Bradford Smith; 6 grandchildren & 6 great-grandchildren. Services Wed. 1 p.m. Barney Anderson & Son Funeral Home. Interment Lakewood.

Go to Top of Page

kjetil
Starting member

Norway
14 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2005 :  19:19:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
How to find Petra’s (Lillian’s) granddaughters?

Bradford Smith (Lillian’s son) married Zona Vivian Dale and got three daughters. Patricia, June Audrey and Louis. Bradfor passed away in 1956 only 52 y.o. At that point he had probably been divorced for more than 10 years already. His daughter’s and their mother now with the name Zona Lowthers was in 1949 living in San Diego, Ca. according to ship passanger records (Pearl Habour to San Francisco) from that year. Our next trace is Zona’s death certificate and that is realy waird. A person named Zona V. Lowthers died in Denver, Co. 15. dec. 1993 and another person named Zona D. Lowthers died in Clackamas Cty. Oregon 8 days later. Their age was almost the same since they was born with about one week’s difference.

Lowthers is a rather seldom surename so I wonder if it might be the same person? Can anyone help me to look for obitaries or tell me how I can get the original death certificates? I guess that will be the only way to find the Smith sister’s who is in the range of 68-71 y.o. today and probably still alive.

Kjetil
Go to Top of Page

Jo Anne Sadler
Norway Heritage Veteran

USA
1100 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2005 :  22:44:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ordering vital records:

http://vitalrec.com/

Also, has links to local GenWeb sites.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Norway Heritage Community © NorwayHeritage.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
Articles for Newbies:

Hunting Passenger Lists:

An article describing how, and where, to look for passenger information about Norwegian emigrants
    1:   Emigration Records - Sources - Timeline
    2:   Canadian Records (1865-1935)
    3:   Canadian Immigration Records Database
    4:   US arrivals - Customs Passenger Lists
    5:   Port of New York Passenger Records
    6:   Norwegian Emigration Records
    7:   British outbound passenger lists

The Transatlantic Crossing:

An article about how the majority of emigrants would travel. It also gives some insight to the amazing development in how ships were constructed and the transportation arranged
    1:   Early Norwegian Emigrants
    2:   Steerage - Between Decks
    3:   By sail - daily life
    4:   Children of the ocean
    5:   Sailing ship provisions
    6:   Health and sickness
    7:   From sail to steam
    8:   By steamship across the ocean
    9:   The giant express steamers

Search Articles :
Search the Norway Heritage articles

Featured article