All Forums | Main Page | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 NORWEGIAN GENEALOGY
 General genealogy
 Fosse Family Fossee Musik
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Looking4Fosse
New on board

Norway
2 Posts

Posted - 29/04/2006 :  14:13:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm looking for information on the Fosse family. Peder Fosse came on a ship from Stavanger, Norway in 1924 to Brooklyn New York with a friend by the last name of Olsen and settled in Maryland. This is where he raised his family. In Norway his family actually owned a music store entitled FOSSE's MUSIK on a corner in Stavanger. He had a sister named Ellen that died while a teenager., I think at 16yrs. He had brothers named Johan, Anton and more yet! Peder and one of his brothers were very athletic. They won alot of awards. I've got many photos and trophy cups. I've looked for the Fosse Musik store online and can't seem to find it. I do have photos of it . Peder's Mother's name was Marie. I know either Johan or Anton had a child named Randy (Randi). I'm hoping that since the music store was so popular then someone would know something. Thanks for your help.

Edited by - Borge on 04/08/2006 11:13:40

jwiborg
Norway Heritage Veteran

Norway
4961 Posts

Posted - 29/04/2006 :  14:48:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A curiosity, but here is a blog from a guy who misses the old Stavanger... he writes... "where did everything go?"

Everything is gone... (...) the Pub Charlie Brown.., Brødrene Fosses platebutikk... (...)
(The Fosse brother's recordstore)
Go to Top of Page

Hopkins
Norway Heritage Veteran

USA
3351 Posts

Posted - 29/04/2006 :  15:09:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Is this Peder Fosse (born about 1893) and his family in the 1900 Norwegian census database?
http://digitalarkivet.uib.no/cgi-win/webcens.exe?slag=visbase&filnamn=f01103&gardpostnr=212&sokefelt=skjul

If yes, then his record of leaving Stavanger is among those recreated for emigration from that port, leaving on or about 2 Aug 1920 -
http://digitalarkivet.uib.no/cgi-win/webcens.exe?slag=visbase&filnamn=Stav1903&gardpostnr=22475&sokefelt=skjul
Go to Top of Page

Brining
Norway Heritage Veteran

USA
868 Posts

Posted - 30/04/2006 :  01:54:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The Social Security Death Index has a Peder Fosse born 14 Dec 1893 died May 1974. Last residence was Baltimore Maryland Click Here
Searchbug Click Here lists a David and Jill Fosse in Baltimore MD. You could try writing and see if they are any relation
Carla
Go to Top of Page

Looking4Fosse
New on board

Norway
2 Posts

Posted - 30/04/2006 :  05:29:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes! These postings ARE about MY Peder Fosse! Wow! I only wish I could read Norwegian. I'll work on these pages you posted and try to figure them out. This is incredible! Thank you all for your help!
Go to Top of Page

Hopkins
Norway Heritage Veteran

USA
3351 Posts

Posted - 30/04/2006 :  13:31:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Webpages that can help you with Norwegian census formats are included in the articles linked, also lists of translated Norwegian words -
http://homepages.rootsweb.com/~norway/articles.html
http://home.online.no/%7Eotjoerge/files/word.htm
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Norway Heritage Community © NorwayHeritage.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
Articles for Newbies:

Hunting Passenger Lists:

An article describing how, and where, to look for passenger information about Norwegian emigrants
    1:   Emigration Records - Sources - Timeline
    2:   Canadian Records (1865-1935)
    3:   Canadian Immigration Records Database
    4:   US arrivals - Customs Passenger Lists
    5:   Port of New York Passenger Records
    6:   Norwegian Emigration Records
    7:   British outbound passenger lists

The Transatlantic Crossing:

An article about how the majority of emigrants would travel. It also gives some insight to the amazing development in how ships were constructed and the transportation arranged
    1:   Early Norwegian Emigrants
    2:   Steerage - Between Decks
    3:   By sail - daily life
    4:   Children of the ocean
    5:   Sailing ship provisions
    6:   Health and sickness
    7:   From sail to steam
    8:   By steamship across the ocean
    9:   The giant express steamers

Search Articles :
Search the Norway Heritage articles

Featured article