All Forums | Main Page | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 NORWEGIAN GENEALOGY
 Norwegians in America
 Erik Johan(s)son who emigrated to Peru
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

XtrmLobo
New on board

South America
1 Posts

Posted - 10/09/2006 :  16:33:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am searching for my ancestor who emigrated to Peru. South America during the 19th. Century and probably settled down in a place named Cajabamba, or also probably in other places in the neighborhood like San Nicolás or Hualgayoc, these places are located in the north-central highlands of Peru and belong to the Cajamarca State. I guess its very probably that he settled down overthere because of the mining activity by that time. But It might also been that he came with a Salpeter/Guano Cargo Vessel to Peru that anchored at the Callao Port in Lima or at the Chincha Islands. Johans(s)on its a very common name in Sweden, and I am actually looking for that Erik Johanson as Swede, but I cant close other options, there are also Johansons in Norway, Finnland and even in Estonia. Maybe you are also looking for a Johanson who emigrated to Peru, during the 19th Century. This Erik Johanson married to a woman named "Pascuala Cava" in Peru and had with her 3 children. named Enrique, Eduardo and Elena "Johanson Cava". The first one "Enrique Segundo Johanson Cava" is my ancestor and was born in Cajabamba in 1874. So I guess Erik Johanson his father might entered Peru abt 1869. I just have read abt this norway cargo ship named "Hodving" that was in Peru in 1869. I would like to know if someone has the ship passenger list during this year, to see if it was a Johanson inside of ship. If you think we can be far family or you can give me some worth tipps for my research. the write me please to "russell212002[at]yahoo.de"

Best Regards

Luis Johanson
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Norway Heritage Community © NorwayHeritage.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
Articles for Newbies:

Hunting Passenger Lists:

An article describing how, and where, to look for passenger information about Norwegian emigrants
    1:   Emigration Records - Sources - Timeline
    2:   Canadian Records (1865-1935)
    3:   Canadian Immigration Records Database
    4:   US arrivals - Customs Passenger Lists
    5:   Port of New York Passenger Records
    6:   Norwegian Emigration Records
    7:   British outbound passenger lists

The Transatlantic Crossing:

An article about how the majority of emigrants would travel. It also gives some insight to the amazing development in how ships were constructed and the transportation arranged
    1:   Early Norwegian Emigrants
    2:   Steerage - Between Decks
    3:   By sail - daily life
    4:   Children of the ocean
    5:   Sailing ship provisions
    6:   Health and sickness
    7:   From sail to steam
    8:   By steamship across the ocean
    9:   The giant express steamers

Search Articles :
Search the Norway Heritage articles

Featured article