All Forums | Main Page | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 NORWEGIAN GENEALOGY
 Norwegians in America
 Anderson (Bankdasli)
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

sjhawley
New on board

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 19/10/2004 :  04:32:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Looking for information on Gunder (Gunnar) and Aslaug Anderson formerly Bandaksli. Immigrated in the 1860's from Upper Telemarken, Norway, near Lake Bandaks. They had 3 boys and 5 girls. Lived in Minnesota in Fillmore county.

Thank you
Sandra Hawley

Hopkins
Norway Heritage Veteran

USA
3351 Posts

Posted - 19/10/2004 :  16:26:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The 1865 Norwegian census indicates a farm by the name of Bandakslie in the Skafse parish area of Mo clerical area Telemark.
When were Gunder/Gunnar and Aslaug each born? What were the names of their children? What part of Fillmore county did they live in?
I can find several persons in various US censuses for Fillmore County - but no exact match.... Did Aslaug often go by another given name?
Go to Top of Page

Hopkins
Norway Heritage Veteran

USA
3351 Posts

Posted - 19/10/2004 :  17:14:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The 1880 US census shows a 57 yr old Gunder Ammonson married to a 57 yr old Aslaug T. Ammonson (children still at home = Aslak G. 19 yr, Anne 17 yr, Anlaug 14).
The LDS microfiche set for Emigrants from Telemark til 1900 (#6350054) I checked for all men named Gunder/Gundar/Gunnar from Skafsa or Mo Telemark. Found this -
Gunder Amundsen? B?nda??li - 50 (Faded - hard to read)
Aslaug Thorbjornsdatter 52 leaving from Mo, Telemark in 1872 with children -
Anund b. 4/2/1858
Aslak b. 7/2/1860
Anne 26/3/1863
Anlaug 14/4/1866

Therefore they should still be in Mo for the 1865 census (even if living on another farm) and yes -
http://digitalarkivet.uib.no/cgi-win/webcens.exe?slag=visbase&filnamn=f60832&gardpostnr=309&personpostnr=1820#a0
Go to Top of Page

askeroi

Norway
299 Posts

Posted - 19/10/2004 :  17:43:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was just about to ask about more information (as I regarded the original info as allmost nothing) when your answeres showed up, Hopkins. I'm impressed by your effort!

But some have all the luck, Shirley. Thanks to Hopkins work I can add the following:

Gunnar Ånundson was born on the "husmannsplass" Lauvvikskos in 1822 as third son of Ånund Gunnarson, Lauvvik (ca. 1789-1841) and his wife (married 1808) Tone Olavsdatter, Lauvvik (1786-1868).

She again was the daughter of Olav Stålesson (ca 1751-1821) and his wife Anne Ånundsdotter (1761-?).

Olav PROBABLY was the son of Ståle Olavsson and Margit Åsmundsdatter who recided Bandaksli ca 1770-72.

askeroi
Go to Top of Page

knut storerud
Starting member

Norway
13 Posts

Posted - 20/05/2005 :  23:15:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello
Many from that part of Telemark went to Filmore county. Bandaksli is a beautifull place, but today almost a ghost villiage. I can remember it as a busy harbour on the Bandak canal.

knut
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Norway Heritage Community © NorwayHeritage.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
Articles for Newbies:

Hunting Passenger Lists:

An article describing how, and where, to look for passenger information about Norwegian emigrants
    1:   Emigration Records - Sources - Timeline
    2:   Canadian Records (1865-1935)
    3:   Canadian Immigration Records Database
    4:   US arrivals - Customs Passenger Lists
    5:   Port of New York Passenger Records
    6:   Norwegian Emigration Records
    7:   British outbound passenger lists

The Transatlantic Crossing:

An article about how the majority of emigrants would travel. It also gives some insight to the amazing development in how ships were constructed and the transportation arranged
    1:   Early Norwegian Emigrants
    2:   Steerage - Between Decks
    3:   By sail - daily life
    4:   Children of the ocean
    5:   Sailing ship provisions
    6:   Health and sickness
    7:   From sail to steam
    8:   By steamship across the ocean
    9:   The giant express steamers

Search Articles :
Search the Norway Heritage articles

Featured article