All Forums | Main Page | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 PASSENGER LISTS AND EMIGRANTS
 Hunting Passenger Lists
 searching for Norlie's
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

Hopkins
Norway Heritage Veteran

USA
3351 Posts

Posted - 11/10/2005 :  15:22:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
When I want to look for bygdebøker I always check the LDS library catalog online - using a book that they've copied to microfilm or microfiche is always an inexpensive way to use these resources. But they have more bygdebøker on the shelves in Salt Lake City than they've copied to microform and I can use the publication information in the library catalog to apply for InterLibrary Loan of the book(s) at my local public library. In the last few years I've also begun collecting copies of the actual books from those areas where I had ancestors live. I've purchased them from Norway by either contacting the administrative offices of the kommune/district or searching through Scandinavian used book store availability lists and then contacting the store which happens to have a copy of an old or out-of-print issue that I really want.

For Hedmark I suggest that after you've checked the LDS library catalog (http://www.familysearch.org) study the information for that area and the resources available for it at this website -
http://homepages.rootsweb.com/~norway/hedmark.html

My personal notes for the specific areas you've mentioned indicate these possibilities.
Åmot - "Åmot Bygdebok", 3 volumes by Eyvind Lillevold.
Løten - "Løtenboka. Garder og slekter", 3 volumes by J. B. Morthoff.
Romedal - "Romedalboka: garder og slekter" 5 volumes by Bjarne Morthoff and Jacob Sverre Løland.

Go to Top of Page

famgen1
Starting member

USA
26 Posts

Posted - 14/10/2005 :  20:17:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was wondering if there might be any info on Karinus Andersen's (b.1847) parents, Anders Johannesen and Marthe Gundersdatter ? I'm kinda stuck here. Thank you in advance!

Thanks,
Michelle
Go to Top of Page

famgen1
Starting member

USA
26 Posts

Posted - 19/10/2005 :  23:33:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Is it possible that more of the Norlie family immegrated to the U.s ? I know we had talked about Mina staying with Adolf Rom's family when she arrived in N.Dakota, but I can't seem to find any record of the ROM family immegrating. Could you possible check that out for me ? I know Adolf Norlie and Adolf Rom (aka olson) arrive in 1908 on the ship Lucania, and that Mina and her two dtrs arrived on the ship United States in 1909. But when did Adolf Rom's family immegrate?

Thanks,
Michelle
Go to Top of Page

famgen1
Starting member

USA
26 Posts

Posted - 20/10/2005 :  00:00:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I found a ship manifest with Adolf Rom on it. It's dateof arrival is on March 9th, 1922. It also says in place of residence, "Craigmyle, Alta,Canada. On line 30 it says in place of destination "To brother in law Adolf Nordli". Now by this time Adolf was living in Alberta, but why did he go back to Norway? Why was his destination to his Brother in law if his family was there in Canada/ N.Dakota ?

Thanks,
Michelle
Go to Top of Page

famgen1
Starting member

USA
26 Posts

Posted - 20/10/2005 :  00:40:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I found Anne Rom from Loiten here: http://www.ellisisland.org/search/shipManifest.asp?MID=03477074850192252896&LNM=ROM&PLNM=ROM&last_kind=0&RF=370&pID=101807030468&

It says the ticket was paid by her father, but that is all I could make out. Can see anything different?

Thanks,
Michelle
Go to Top of Page

famgen1
Starting member

USA
26 Posts

Posted - 20/10/2005 :  02:13:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was searching some of the LDS files for Anders Johannesen and Marthe Gundersdatter. I don't have a valid birth or christening date for either of them so I just guessed a round about year based on other people on the family tree, and this is what I found:

http://www.familysearch.org/ENG/search/frameset_search.asp?PAGE=ancestorsearchresults.asp

http://www.familysearch.org/ENG/search/frameset_search.asp?PAGE=ancestorsearchresults.asp

Could this be a possibility for Karinus Andersen's (b.1847) parent's ? Let me know what you think. I really appreciate your help! Sorry I'm all over the place today! Have a good one!

Thanks,
Michelle
Go to Top of Page

famgen1
Starting member

USA
26 Posts

Posted - 20/10/2005 :  03:05:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Could Evend be another name for Anders ? I mean as far as first names for males go. If it is, than is there anyway to verify a marriage of Anders Olsen and Lisbet Hansdatter (M. 30 Oct. 1838) in Vang, Hedmark, Norway?

Thanks,
Michelle
Go to Top of Page

DALB
Medium member

USA
143 Posts

Posted - 20/10/2005 :  06:00:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The Family Search URL's you have sent do not come through.

Re-check the IGI file in Family Search.
The marriage of Even Olsen and Lisbet Hansdatter is listed - 23 Mar 1843 Furnes, Hedmark, Norway (he is 25 and she is 27, which fits their ages on the 1865 census)

Under births
Their son Hans Evensen on 14 Feb 1855 at Loten

It gives you the film numbers for both entries.
Go to Top of Page

famgen1
Starting member

USA
26 Posts

Posted - 21/10/2005 :  18:18:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks so much! I dont know why I wasn't finding them. I got them now though! Thanks for the help! Any ideas about any of the other stuff I posted? If not, I appreciate it anyway! Have a good one!

Thanks,
Michelle
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Norway Heritage Community © NorwayHeritage.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
Articles for Newbies:

Hunting Passenger Lists:

An article describing how, and where, to look for passenger information about Norwegian emigrants
    1:   Emigration Records - Sources - Timeline
    2:   Canadian Records (1865-1935)
    3:   Canadian Immigration Records Database
    4:   US arrivals - Customs Passenger Lists
    5:   Port of New York Passenger Records
    6:   Norwegian Emigration Records
    7:   British outbound passenger lists

The Transatlantic Crossing:

An article about how the majority of emigrants would travel. It also gives some insight to the amazing development in how ships were constructed and the transportation arranged
    1:   Early Norwegian Emigrants
    2:   Steerage - Between Decks
    3:   By sail - daily life
    4:   Children of the ocean
    5:   Sailing ship provisions
    6:   Health and sickness
    7:   From sail to steam
    8:   By steamship across the ocean
    9:   The giant express steamers

Search Articles :
Search the Norway Heritage articles

Featured article