All Forums | Main Page | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 PASSENGER LISTS AND EMIGRANTS
 Hunting Passenger Lists
 searching for Norlie's
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

famgen1
Starting member

USA
26 Posts

Posted - 05/10/2005 :  19:01:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello! Thank you so much for all that information! I kind of want to wander back to to the Adolf Karinus Nordli. We found that his parents were Karinus Andersen and Helene Olsdatter (b.1849). What can you find out about her?

This is all so great! Off to the LDS family history center I go to do some research on the microfilm! Hopefully I will find something! I can't say it enough, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!!!

Thanks,
Michelle
Go to Top of Page

jwiborg
Norway Heritage Veteran

Norway
4961 Posts

Posted - 05/10/2005 :  19:37:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Michelle,
if you scroll back a few messages, you'll find Helene and her parents on the Nordli farm in census-1865.

Jan Peter
Go to Top of Page

famgen1
Starting member

USA
26 Posts

Posted - 05/10/2005 :  22:09:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Found it! Thanks!

Thanks,
Michelle
Go to Top of Page

jwiborg
Norway Heritage Veteran

Norway
4961 Posts

Posted - 05/10/2005 :  23:07:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good!

Here is her christening record from 1849:
Helene Olsen
Birth: -
Christening: 05 AUG 1849 Elverum, Hedmark, Norway
Parents: Ole Halvorsen & Ragnild Larsdr
Link

Her father Ole is from Løten, mother Ragnild is from Sweden.
(Ref. earlier post incl quote from the local Bygdebok.)

Jan Peter

Edited by - jwiborg on 05/10/2005 23:07:47
Go to Top of Page

famgen1
Starting member

USA
26 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2005 :  19:48:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi! Isit possible that this is Ole Halvorsen (b.1819) and his parents?

http://www.familysearch.org/ENG/Search/frameset_search.asp?PAGE=igi/search_IGI.asp&clear_form=true

In an earlier post talking about Adolf and Helene Olsdatter it says: " Untill 1895 Ole Halvorsen (1819-1895) from Flakstad in Loten lived on a cotter's farm called Nordli."

I just want to be sure I'm getting the right people. It looks to me like this could be him and his parents, but I just thought I would double check before checking him off my list.

Thanks,
Michelle
Go to Top of Page

famgen1
Starting member

USA
26 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2005 :  20:25:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Also, Could this be Ole's wife, Ragnhild Larsdatter and her parents?

http://www.familysearch.org/ENG/Search/frameset_search.asp?PAGE=search_all1.asp&clear_form=true

I know the spelling is slightly different on her name, but if she is from Sweeden and immegrated (I assume) to Norway where she met Ole (I assume), couldn't the spelling have changed a little?

Thanks,
Michelle
Go to Top of Page

DALB
Medium member

USA
143 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2005 :  21:09:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The 1865 census for Nordlie gave a very important clue to finding the birth of Ole Halvorsen in Løiten. I believe this may be his family.

birth of Ole Halvorsen
*1819 Oct 7 Ole - to Halvor Halvorsen & Olia Pederdatter Flagstad

Marriage of Ole's parents, Halvor & Olia
1818 Mar 22 Halvor Halvorsen Flagstad 39 & Olia Pedersdatter 21

birth of Ole's father, Halvor Halvorsen
*1778 Oct 25 Halvor to Halvor Olsen & Sigri Olsdatter Flakstad

marriage of Halvor Olsen's parents - (his father is a widower - enkm.- enkemand = widower)
1766 Oct 16 enkm. Halvor Olsen Flagstad & Sigri Olsdatter Bekken
their children: all born at Flakstad/Flagstad
1767 Feb 1 Aaste (named in honor of Halvor's first wife)
1771 Apr 28 Christian
1775 May 21 Ole
* 1778 Oct 25 Halvor Olsen Flakstad
1782 July 14 Randi

Most of the family is at Flagstad in the 1801 census.
Click here: 1801-telling for 0415 Leuthen
http://digitalarkivet.uib.no/cgi-win/webcens.exe?slag=visbase&filnamn=f10415&gardpostnr=142&merk=142#ovre

The first marriage of Halvor Olsen Flagstad, Aaste's death & the birth/death of a son.
marriage - 1761 Jan 26 Halvor Olsen Holen & Aaste Embretsdatter Berg
death - 1765 Dec 6 Aaste Embretsdatter Flagstad 32

birth - 1761 Nov 8 Ole to Halvor Olsen Verstadstuen & Aaste Imbretsdatter
death - 1773 Feb 5 Ole Halvorsen Flakstad 11 years 3 months

Go to Top of Page

famgen1
Starting member

USA
26 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2005 :  22:46:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So then where did Ragnhild Larsdatter go ? I assume she would be OIe's 2nd wife and that Helene was the child they had together. Would I be correct in that thinking? If so, let me know what else you can find. Thank you so much for this. It really helped me figure out who and where Ole came from!

Thanks,
Michelle
Go to Top of Page

DALB
Medium member

USA
143 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2005 :  01:42:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have nothing on Ragnhild Larsd. Her lineage will be in Sweden. You can check the Inflyttede section of the Elverum parish films to see if you can find out when she came to Elverum. I do not think there has been any data so far to indicate that Ole has been married more than once. You should check the Elverum films to find their marriage and the possible births of other children. They may be older than Helene and not living at home at the time of the 1865 census. Ole and Ragnhild's deaths should also be recorded in a film.

Ole Halvorsen's move from Løiten to Elverum may have been at about the age of 12 years old when his widowed mother remarried. I ran across her marriage in the Løiten records, and a few deaths of interest. Ole's father died in 1829 and his mother remarried in 1831.

Ole Halvorsen's father's death - 1829 Apr 11 Halvor Halvorsen Flagstad 52

re-marriage of Ole's mother - in Løiten
1831 Nov 17 - Ole Gunnersen Morkhagen Elverum 22
& enken Olea Pedersd. Flagstad 33

Elverum - Ole Gunnersen's birth
1808 Sept 27 Ole to Gunder Olsen & Marthe Olsd. Monkhagen

1801 census at the farm Mørkhagen is a son Gunder Olsen 18, who very likely is Gunder, the father of Ole G who married Olea Pedersd. Flagstad in 1831.

Løiten deaths - of Ole Halvorsen's Aunt, Grandfather and Uncle
1789 May 29 Aaste Halvorsd. Flagstad 22
1814 Dec 21 Halvor Olsen Flagstad 86 (Ole's grandfather)
1830 Nov 25 Christian Halvorsen Flagstad 60

Go to Top of Page

famgen1
Starting member

USA
26 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2005 :  22:30:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well hmmm! If the above is Ole Halvorsen's family, then wouldn't that mean that he had to have been married a second time? According to a post from Jan Peter, Ole had a daughter, Helene Olsdatter, with Ragnhild Larsdtr.

"From the Elverum bygdebok, volume 4, page 222:
In the last century Løken Andersstua had a cotter's farm called Nordli. Until 1895 Ole Halvorsen (1819-1895) from Flakstad in Løten lived there. He was a painter and a cotter with some land. He was married to Ragnhild Larsdtr. (1807-1878) from Östmark in Sweden. By the time of census-1875, also their daughter Helene Olsdatter born 1849 was living on the Nordli farm, with her two children Olaf Antonsen born 1870 and Adolf Karenussen born 1874."

I gotta figure out whats up with all this. Does Helene (ine) have any siblings that we can locate? Maybe that would tell us something. In the mean time I'm going to try and find Ragnhild in sweeden. Thanks for all your help!

Thanks,
Michelle
Go to Top of Page

DALB
Medium member

USA
143 Posts

Posted - 08/10/2005 :  00:43:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have a correction on the posting of 6.10 which starts with - The 1865 census -

I re-read it and find I used the wrong patronymic in two places.

on the 9th sentence - it should read - marriage of Halvor Halvorsen's parents -
and under their children, it should read *1778 Halvor Halvorsen Flakstad
----------
Now to answer your last posting - I agree with what the Bygdebok says - Ole and Ragnhild were married and had a daughter, Helene (who we know is listed at age 17, along with Ole age 47 and Ragnhild age 59 on the 1865 census) and they recorded that on the 1875 census she is still there along with her two children.

Yes, Ole & Ragnhild could have had other children. If the ages are correct, Ragnhild had Helene at around age 42. I would check for their marriage record and from that year, check for any other births.

So, Ole's daughter is Helene, born in Elverum
Ole's wife is Ragnhild, born in Sweden
and Ole's parents are Halvor Halvorson Flagstad and Olia Pedersdatter from the Løiten area.

If has not been determined that Helene was an only child. While you are checking the Elverum records, you can check for any siblings.

Go to Top of Page

famgen1
Starting member

USA
26 Posts

Posted - 10/10/2005 :  02:32:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Did the people ever keep a history of the land or histor of the people in a certain area? Kind of like one big book with biographies about all the families in one area? A lot of the information I had to start out with came from a book like that, so I thought maybe the Nords did it too. I guess I'm just curious about who my ancestors were and what kind of lives they led. A book lik that or something similar to it would be great to have. Is there anything like that, that I could get or do research in?

Thanks,
Michelle
Go to Top of Page

Hopkins
Norway Heritage Veteran

USA
3351 Posts

Posted - 10/10/2005 :  16:08:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What certain area?
Some areas have bygdeboker - others don't.
Go to Top of Page

famgen1
Starting member

USA
26 Posts

Posted - 10/10/2005 :  18:52:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Loten, Aamot, Ramedal, places within Hedmark are what I'm looking for.

Thanks,
Michelle
Go to Top of Page

ABell
New on board

Canada
3 Posts

Posted - 11/10/2005 :  05:35:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The Canadian Library and Archive "Western Land Grant" Database lists an Adolph Norlie as homesteading on NE-18-32-16-W4. I believe this is a few miles NW of Hanna, Alberta. The survey system for Alberta is similar to the US, but the sections are numbered from S-N starting on the SE corner of the township. I believe the US system is different.

http://data4.collectionscanada.ca/netacgi/nph-brs?s2=&s3=&s4=&s5=W4&s6=Norlie&s1=&Sect4=AND&l=20&Sect1=IMAGE&Sect2=THESOFF&Sect4=AND&Sect5=FL15PEN&Sect6=HITOFF&d=FL15&p=1&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.collectionscanada.ca%2Farchivianet%2F02011102_e.html&r=0&f=S

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Norway Heritage Community © NorwayHeritage.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
Articles for Newbies:

Hunting Passenger Lists:

An article describing how, and where, to look for passenger information about Norwegian emigrants
    1:   Emigration Records - Sources - Timeline
    2:   Canadian Records (1865-1935)
    3:   Canadian Immigration Records Database
    4:   US arrivals - Customs Passenger Lists
    5:   Port of New York Passenger Records
    6:   Norwegian Emigration Records
    7:   British outbound passenger lists

The Transatlantic Crossing:

An article about how the majority of emigrants would travel. It also gives some insight to the amazing development in how ships were constructed and the transportation arranged
    1:   Early Norwegian Emigrants
    2:   Steerage - Between Decks
    3:   By sail - daily life
    4:   Children of the ocean
    5:   Sailing ship provisions
    6:   Health and sickness
    7:   From sail to steam
    8:   By steamship across the ocean
    9:   The giant express steamers

Search Articles :
Search the Norway Heritage articles

Featured article