All Forums | Main Page | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 NORWEGIAN GENEALOGY
 General genealogy
 Looking for Warren Hanson
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

TLarson

USA
205 Posts

Posted - 28/07/2006 :  05:17:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello
My great grandfather whose name was John Julseth had a sister whose name was Ellen and she married Rev. Rudolph Hanson, Ellen died of T.B. in 1913. They had one son whose name was Warren and I am wondering if he could still be alive or not. Warren is my grandmothers only first cousin. Ellen would have been born in Brandon, MN. I have seen pictures of Warren when his mother was still alive and he looks like he could be about 3-5 years old. would appreciate any help!

Tim

Hopkins
Norway Heritage Veteran

USA
3351 Posts

Posted - 29/07/2006 :  01:03:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Where in Norway are you looking for him?
Go to Top of Page

TLarson

USA
205 Posts

Posted - 29/07/2006 :  06:54:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello

I'm not looking for him in Norway I'm sure he was born in America and always lived there.

Tim
Go to Top of Page

TLarson

USA
205 Posts

Posted - 25/09/2008 :  22:39:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I just recently found Warren in a book of pastors. He was actually named L. Warren Hansen and was born June 22, 1909 to Rev. Rudolph A. and Ellen (Julseth) I looked for him on ancestry.com and found out that he died May 6, 1996. His last residence was Vancouver,Clark, Washington, USA. I would like to try to find his obituary as I'm sure it would give me more information on him. I also know that he married Nellie Hagen in 1933. Any help would be very greatly appreciated!
Go to Top of Page

Hopkins
Norway Heritage Veteran

USA
3351 Posts

Posted - 26/09/2008 :  14:28:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
An obituary would be published in a newspaper, if one was written. That means you will have to investigate what newspapers were published in the area of Vancouver,Clark, Washington, USA and make contact with them or find some other means to check their 1996 archives.

You could start by checking the resources for Washington state listed at the links compendium of Cyndi's List website. It has a section of the list devoted to Washington newspapers.
http://www.cyndislist.com/wa.htm

RootsWeb also offers a website devoted to genealogy topics of Clark Co. Washington that you should investigate.
http://www.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~waclark/clark.htm

Other advice about obtaining copies of obitaries has been offered at -
http://www.deathindexes.com/obituaries.html

Almost any US good book about genealogy basics will contain advice about searching out obituaries. Check your public library.
Go to Top of Page

Lislcat
Advanced member

USA
690 Posts

Posted - 26/09/2008 :  18:10:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi,

I see that his obit is in The Columbian newspaper on May 7, 1996, but they charge $1.95 to get the complete article. You might want to contact a local library there and see if they will send you a copy of the obit. I’ve done that many times. Here is the link to the Fort Vancouver Regional Library District. They do have The Columbian listed on their site as being able to be accessed through ProQuest. http://www.fvrl.org/findinfo/index.cfm

Here is the link to that newspaper and you just need to go down the page to Article 45 of 264 found. He is the second person listed in the index, but you can't see the obit.
http://nl.newsbank.com/nl-search/we/Archives?p_action=list&p_topdoc=41

I’ll keep looking, but I think that library would probably help you out.

Good luck! Wanda

Lislcat
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Norway Heritage Community © NorwayHeritage.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
Articles for Newbies:

Hunting Passenger Lists:

An article describing how, and where, to look for passenger information about Norwegian emigrants
    1:   Emigration Records - Sources - Timeline
    2:   Canadian Records (1865-1935)
    3:   Canadian Immigration Records Database
    4:   US arrivals - Customs Passenger Lists
    5:   Port of New York Passenger Records
    6:   Norwegian Emigration Records
    7:   British outbound passenger lists

The Transatlantic Crossing:

An article about how the majority of emigrants would travel. It also gives some insight to the amazing development in how ships were constructed and the transportation arranged
    1:   Early Norwegian Emigrants
    2:   Steerage - Between Decks
    3:   By sail - daily life
    4:   Children of the ocean
    5:   Sailing ship provisions
    6:   Health and sickness
    7:   From sail to steam
    8:   By steamship across the ocean
    9:   The giant express steamers

Search Articles :
Search the Norway Heritage articles

Featured article