All Forums | Main Page | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 NORWEGIAN GENEALOGY
 General genealogy
 Birthdates of family of Gulbrand/Guri Jonson Rogn
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

LCJOHNS
Starting member

USA
27 Posts

Posted - 05/11/2006 :  01:13:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Can someone supply the birthdates of the six children of Gulbrand and Guri, of Vang?
Their names were Randi (or should it be Rangdi?), Jorgen, Johan (Jon), Andres, Iver and Gulbrand.
What would be the correct designation of their birthplace and childhood home? I've seen both Vang and Vestre Slidre used in this context. Vang has a point locus on a map; Vestre Slidre seems to be a region within Oppland (County?), but what should it be called?
Andres (sometimes written Anders, or Ander) was my Great grandfather.

jwiborg
Norway Heritage Veteran

Norway
4961 Posts

Posted - 05/11/2006 :  02:16:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I don't think you should start a new topic on this. This information is already given in your topic re Nels Ellestad.

You have all the christening records there. To find their exact birthdates will be difficult. Since the birthdate is not stated in the online chr. records at LDS, I doubt they would be in the original churchrecords as well. But you could of course give it a try...

The records state that the children are born in Vang parish, Oppland. The family might have moved to the neighbouring parish Vestre Slidre at a later time, if you have reasons to believe they lived there.

Jan Peter
Go to Top of Page

Hopkins
Norway Heritage Veteran

USA
3351 Posts

Posted - 05/11/2006 :  16:11:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The birthdates MIGHTor might not be recorded on those original baptismal records, I've found some IGI extracted entries which only listed a 'christening' date when both had actually been listed on the original page. You'd have to look at the originals or facsimilies to be sure. The LDS entries in the IGI as previously given to you listed the Source LDS microfilm number. Order that film at your nearest LDS Family History Center and check.
http://homepages.rootsweb.com/~norway/na20.html
The Norwegian parish church records are essential to learn to utilize. And with the available online 'how-to' guides and reasonable amount of study - not that difficult.
Go to Top of Page

LCJOHNS
Starting member

USA
27 Posts

Posted - 06/11/2006 :  00:28:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My thanks to Jan Peter and Hopkins, for specific information provided and also for helpful suggestions as to how to proceed.

LCJOHNS
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Norway Heritage Community © NorwayHeritage.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
Articles for Newbies:

Hunting Passenger Lists:

An article describing how, and where, to look for passenger information about Norwegian emigrants
    1:   Emigration Records - Sources - Timeline
    2:   Canadian Records (1865-1935)
    3:   Canadian Immigration Records Database
    4:   US arrivals - Customs Passenger Lists
    5:   Port of New York Passenger Records
    6:   Norwegian Emigration Records
    7:   British outbound passenger lists

The Transatlantic Crossing:

An article about how the majority of emigrants would travel. It also gives some insight to the amazing development in how ships were constructed and the transportation arranged
    1:   Early Norwegian Emigrants
    2:   Steerage - Between Decks
    3:   By sail - daily life
    4:   Children of the ocean
    5:   Sailing ship provisions
    6:   Health and sickness
    7:   From sail to steam
    8:   By steamship across the ocean
    9:   The giant express steamers

Search Articles :
Search the Norway Heritage articles

Featured article