All Forums | Main Page | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 NORWEGIAN GENEALOGY
 General genealogy
 Looking for the Paulson Family
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

puffin
Starting member

USA
7 Posts

Posted - 24/07/2003 :  22:17:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi I'm looking for any information anyone has on the Paulson Family. My Great Great Grandpa is Knute Paulson. I believe they emigrated to America from Trondhem, Norway in the late mid 1800's. His wife's name is Bertha, and I believe they had around 8 children. I have a family picture of them, but I have no idea who they are. I have no older family members to ask, who would know about them.

Please help my find some information on my family.

Thanks, John Paulson

Borge
Veteran Moderator

Norway
1297 Posts

Posted - 24/07/2003 :  23:56:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Don't you have any additional information like when they were born and such?

Børge Solem
Go to Top of Page

Brining
Norway Heritage Veteran

USA
868 Posts

Posted - 25/07/2003 :  01:25:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi John, Did your GGGrandpa live in South Dakota? If so this is probably him in the 1880 census
Click Here
If that is the Knute (Knud) you are looking for there is also a Union county biography that seems to fit. His wife's name is Betsy but that could be a nick name for Bertha. It states that he was born in Bergen which has lots of on line records at the Digitalarkivet and we might be able to find more info if this is the correct person.
Click Here

Carla
Go to Top of Page

puffin
Starting member

USA
7 Posts

Posted - 25/07/2003 :  22:14:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks so much for giving me that information. It helped me alot. Now how could I find out if Knute had any brothers or sisters, and who his parents were? Does that Bergen town in Norway have records on them before they emigrated over here?

Thanks, John
Go to Top of Page

Brining
Norway Heritage Veteran

USA
868 Posts

Posted - 26/07/2003 :  15:45:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
John, the Digitalarkivet has baptisem records on line. Click on the link under resources below and then on categories, then Bergen. I did a brief search and didn't find anything. I think Bergen was the general area given to the biographer and that he was born somewhere near there but that doesn't help. You should try and find any documents you can in the US that might give you more info. Marriage license, death certificates obituraries, naturalization papers. The USgenWeb site for Columbia county has some links http://www.rootsweb.com/~wicolumb/wicolumb.htm
The listing of graves in North Brule Cemetery, Union Co., SD looks like it has most of Knutes family http://ftp.rootsweb.com/pub/usgenweb/sd/union/cemeteries/north-brule.txt
You can search the Union County archives here http://www.rootsweb.com/~usgenweb/sd/union/union.html
There are quite a few Paulson's which could be part of your family.
Good Luck Carla
Go to Top of Page

Bobbie
New on board

1 Posts

Posted - 26/07/2003 :  23:22:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by puffin

Hi I'm looking for any information anyone has on the Paulson Family. My Great Great Grandpa is Knute Paulson. I believe they emigrated to America from Trondhem, Norway in the late mid 1800's. His wife's name is Bertha, and I believe they had around 8 children. I have a family picture of them, but I have no idea who they are. I have no older family members to ask, who would know about them.

Thanks, John Paulson

My Great Great Grandfather came from Dovre Norway at the age of 17 his name was Peder ( Peter) Paulson, he first settled in N Dakota and then moved on to Montana, his parents were Hans Paulson and Anna Rundlokken. I am trying to find information on the family.
Go to Top of Page

charmaineRudolph
New on board

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2003 :  22:17:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi. I have a Knut Paulson in my family line. He was born in Numedal, Norway on Oct 1, 1871. He immigrated to Campbell County South Dakota with his entire family. He was the brother of my great grandmother, Gunhild Paulson Johnson.
His parents were Ole Paulson and Gunhild Guttormson.

Char
Go to Top of Page

fern sembach
New on board

1 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2004 :  06:36:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Thanks, John Paulson

Go to Top of Page

vigsatr
Starting member

Norway
6 Posts

Posted - 06/11/2006 :  14:57:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by fern sembach

quote:

Thanks, John Paulson

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Norway Heritage Community © NorwayHeritage.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
Articles for Newbies:

Hunting Passenger Lists:

An article describing how, and where, to look for passenger information about Norwegian emigrants
    1:   Emigration Records - Sources - Timeline
    2:   Canadian Records (1865-1935)
    3:   Canadian Immigration Records Database
    4:   US arrivals - Customs Passenger Lists
    5:   Port of New York Passenger Records
    6:   Norwegian Emigration Records
    7:   British outbound passenger lists

The Transatlantic Crossing:

An article about how the majority of emigrants would travel. It also gives some insight to the amazing development in how ships were constructed and the transportation arranged
    1:   Early Norwegian Emigrants
    2:   Steerage - Between Decks
    3:   By sail - daily life
    4:   Children of the ocean
    5:   Sailing ship provisions
    6:   Health and sickness
    7:   From sail to steam
    8:   By steamship across the ocean
    9:   The giant express steamers

Search Articles :
Search the Norway Heritage articles

Featured article