All Forums | Main Page | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 NORWEGIAN GENEALOGY
 General genealogy
 Name of church & Norwegian to english translation
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

unclarity

USA
36 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2008 :  05:24:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was hoping someone here could tell me the name of the church that was used in Oppland, Ringebu (farm is Gullmoen) Between about 1750 and 1850.

also

I am doing a family tree for my fathers side of the family. A cousin has done and posted much work for it already. Problem is that I can't seem to find a good source to translate some of the Norwegian text and I have no clue where she got it. If someone could help in this manner, it would be greatly appreciated. The text that I need translated follows;

Etter et tvistemål ble det inngått følgende forlik: "Forlig indgaaet 3die thinglyst 30te September 1845, hvorved Peder Olsen Gullmoen erkjender, at nærværende Eiendom for Framtiden skal anhøre som Husmandsplass under gaardene nordre, midtre og søndre Nordrum, øvre og nedre Kourstad og nedre Rudi, og er han samt Broderen Christen Olsen med bemældte lovlig overdraget Pladsen Guldmoen til bruk for deres Koners Livstid mod en aarlig Agift og deres Pligter og Rettigheder derfor bestemt". Garden Gullmoen ble etterhvert lagt under Forkaldsrud fra 1898.

thank you in advance for your help.

Kara

eibache
Norway Heritage Veteran

Norway
6495 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2008 :  06:24:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Etter et tvistemål ble det inngått følgende forlik: "Forlig indgaaet 3die thinglyst 30te September 1845, hvorved Peder Olsen Gullmoen erkjender, at nærværende Eiendom for Framtiden skal anhøre som Husmandsplass under gaardene nordre, midtre og søndre Nordrum, øvre og nedre Kourstad og nedre Rudi, og er han samt Broderen Christen Olsen med bemældte lovlig overdraget Pladsen Guldmoen til bruk for deres Koners Livstid mod en aarlig Agift og deres Pligter og Rettigheder derfor bestemt". Garden Gullmoen ble etterhvert lagt under Forkaldsrud fra 1898.

After a civil dispute the following settlement was reached: "Settlement reached and registered September 30 1845, whereby Peder Gullmoen admits, that present property for the future shall be a cottage place under the farms northern, middle and southern Nordrum, upper and lower Kourstad and lower Rudi, and that Guldmoen is leagally conveyd to him and his brother Christen Olsen for use during their wifes lifespan against an annual fee and their rights and duties are hereby provided." The farm Gullmoen was later transferred to Forkalsrud from 1898.
The church was most likely this one

Einar

Edited by - eibache on 08/08/2008 06:33:27
Go to Top of Page

unclarity

USA
36 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2008 :  07:30:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I thought that was the church too, but was not sure. I could not find the name in the records.

I can't thank you enough for the translation....I tried many different things and could not make any sense out of it
I will have to figure out where she got the info, but now I at least know what I am looking for.

Kara
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Norway Heritage Community © NorwayHeritage.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
Articles for Newbies:

Hunting Passenger Lists:

An article describing how, and where, to look for passenger information about Norwegian emigrants
    1:   Emigration Records - Sources - Timeline
    2:   Canadian Records (1865-1935)
    3:   Canadian Immigration Records Database
    4:   US arrivals - Customs Passenger Lists
    5:   Port of New York Passenger Records
    6:   Norwegian Emigration Records
    7:   British outbound passenger lists

The Transatlantic Crossing:

An article about how the majority of emigrants would travel. It also gives some insight to the amazing development in how ships were constructed and the transportation arranged
    1:   Early Norwegian Emigrants
    2:   Steerage - Between Decks
    3:   By sail - daily life
    4:   Children of the ocean
    5:   Sailing ship provisions
    6:   Health and sickness
    7:   From sail to steam
    8:   By steamship across the ocean
    9:   The giant express steamers

Search Articles :
Search the Norway Heritage articles

Featured article