All Forums | Main Page | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 NORWEGIAN GENEALOGY
 General genealogy
 Trying To Find descendents of Andrew Larsen
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

dilarsen
New on board

New Zealand
2 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2008 :  08:40:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi folks I am new to this so please bear with me. I am trying to find descendents of Andrew Larsen, he emigrated to New Zealand. The year I do not know. I know he married a lady named Alice whom was German. I know very little in fact. Whether he married before emigrating or not is another thing that I do not know. I do know that he was my grandfather. They had a number of children. I only met four of their children 5 counting my father. My fathers name was Albert Edward Larsen. His siblings Herbert Larsen, Arthur Larsen, Daisy Larsen,and Leslie Larsen. Albert or Alby as he was called married Lucy Green between 1943 or 1945 they had three girls and one boy. Sally, Betty, Diane and Peter. Daisy married someone with the last name of Sayers. All my dads siblings have passed on now and I don't know all of my cousins. Leslie had 3 daughters Loretta, Dawn and don't know the other ones name. Daisy had two sons one daughter. Gary,Pauline and Jack. If anyone could help me I would really apreciate it. Thankyou for taking the time to read this. D. L. Larsen

D.L.Larsen

Lislcat
Advanced member

USA
690 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2008 :  17:05:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello D.L,

I think it would be very helpful to your search, if you did a little more research in New Zealand first. Can you request the death certificates for your grandparents, Andrew and Alice Larsen? Or could you find an obituary at your library? Both of these things might give you enough info to do a thorough search for immigration records, birth records in Norway, etc... It's always best to find out as much info as possible about your immediate family, then move to grandparents, great-grandparents and so on. Then you're able to follow the trail back to Norway. If you find an obit, or even their marriage license, it may mention Andrew's parents or their farm in Norway. More than likely, he was Anders, Andreas or something similar in Norwegian records. I have the obits and death records for my grandparents, great grandparents and even aunts, uncles and great aunts and uncles, which lead me to where they came from in Norway, so I hope the same will be true for you.

I hope this helps. Good luck with your search and don't be afraid to ask questions.

Wanda

Lislcat
Go to Top of Page

dilarsen
New on board

New Zealand
2 Posts

Posted - 21/02/2009 :  07:00:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Dear Wanda
Sorry to take so long in replying and thanking you my computer has been down for quite some time.
Thankyou very much for the information you have given me. I will certainly do as you wrote.
Thankyou again very helpful. Cheers

D.L.Larsen
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Norway Heritage Community © NorwayHeritage.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
Articles for Newbies:

Hunting Passenger Lists:

An article describing how, and where, to look for passenger information about Norwegian emigrants
    1:   Emigration Records - Sources - Timeline
    2:   Canadian Records (1865-1935)
    3:   Canadian Immigration Records Database
    4:   US arrivals - Customs Passenger Lists
    5:   Port of New York Passenger Records
    6:   Norwegian Emigration Records
    7:   British outbound passenger lists

The Transatlantic Crossing:

An article about how the majority of emigrants would travel. It also gives some insight to the amazing development in how ships were constructed and the transportation arranged
    1:   Early Norwegian Emigrants
    2:   Steerage - Between Decks
    3:   By sail - daily life
    4:   Children of the ocean
    5:   Sailing ship provisions
    6:   Health and sickness
    7:   From sail to steam
    8:   By steamship across the ocean
    9:   The giant express steamers

Search Articles :
Search the Norway Heritage articles

Featured article