All Forums | Main Page | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 NORWEGIAN GENEALOGY
 General genealogy
 Christian Carlson b:1873,Nina Hostvedt b:1878
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Kåarto
Norway Heritage Veteran

Norway
5861 Posts

Posted - 23/01/2009 :  13:02:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We can assume there are more Hostvedts living in USA than in Norway so you must have many distant cousins there.
Johan was born in Kongsberg. His father Timand Hostvedt was a wholesaler in Kongsberg and his mother was from Laugerud in Sandsvær, Johan moved to Skoger, married to Magdalene Katrine Gulbrandsdatter from Meskestad in Sandsvær, Peter Emil must be born after 1865.
Of course you know all this, I just had some time left.
I hope you will get in contact with Tracy.

Kåre
Go to Top of Page

Tracy Handy
Starting member

USA
6 Posts

Posted - 23/01/2009 :  17:13:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello everyone,
I'm happy to say that I've been in contact with a family member from the Carlson (Kareliussen) side. Now with Bernt making his posts, I'll be lucky enough to learn more about the Hostvedt side as well. I can't tell you how much I appreciate everyone's help on this forum! I'm looking forward to learning more about my extended family. I'm happy to share the information I have on Kristian & Nina's lives here in Wisconsin.
Tracy

Tracy Handy
Go to Top of Page

Bernt Johan Hostvedt
New on board

Norway
4 Posts

Posted - 23/01/2009 :  21:35:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
To Kåre.
I was surprised of how much you know about my family. I have some problems with finding out the children of the 14 . Maybe you can help me.
It is just one thing against Magdalene. Her middlename is Kirstine not Katrine. Peter Emil was born in 1871.
I had a mail from Tracy today, so this is fun. Maybe I can start my own topic ?
Thank you again both of you. I think I will have a lot to do starting a search of Hostvedt in America
Go to Top of Page

Kåarto
Norway Heritage Veteran

Norway
5861 Posts

Posted - 24/01/2009 :  00:36:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am happy for you Tracy, guess you have been working to classify all the records.
If you need more records I think I could bring up som more for you.

Bernt Johan
Both yes and no, I am not sure if It would be better to start a new topic for Hostvedt emigrants to USA, its Tracy who owns this topic.
Of cource I can help you with birth records, sometimes it works well, sometimes you hit a brick wall, that makes genealogy exiting.

Kåre

Edited by - Kåarto on 24/01/2009 00:38:57
Go to Top of Page

Bernt Johan Hostvedt
New on board

Norway
4 Posts

Posted - 24/01/2009 :  00:52:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I see what you mean. I am also member of Dis Norway , but I am afraid of talking in forums there. If you can help me send me an email
and I will tell you what I know.

Bernt Johan
Go to Top of Page

Tracy Handy
Starting member

USA
6 Posts

Posted - 24/01/2009 :  01:26:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Kare,
I would greatly appreciate any records you'd be kind enough to share with me.

Bernt,
It's certainly ok with me if you'd like to start a new topic regarding the Hostvedt emigrants to the USA. I'd love to contribute what I know about Nina.

Tracy Handy
Go to Top of Page

Kåarto
Norway Heritage Veteran

Norway
5861 Posts

Posted - 24/01/2009 :  13:29:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Trine Thorstendatter Hostvedt´s father, Thorsten Jørgensen, dead 1890 on Hostvedtmoen was born Nov. 1. 1815, christened in Efteløt church Nov 12 born on a sub farm under Lund to Thorsten Gulliksen Lund (Hostvedtmoen) and Trine (Marie) Jørgensdatter. One of the godparents was from Flogland, remember Thomas Hostvedt when returned to USA with a boy from Flogland in 1902.
Bottom page one

Trines mother was Ingeborg Syrine Pedersdatter Bøe born on Vittingen, she married Tosten/Thorsten Jørgensen Lundseie/ Vollesund in Efteløt church April 1. 1843, fathers: Jørgen Tostensen and Peder Halvorsen #5

Jørgen Torstensen Lundseie was from Røsholt when he married Trine Marie Jørgensdatter Hovdebø Mai. 29. 1810, 1. page about half down, 4 column shows the date 29de May 2. column start with - Jørgen Torstensen Røsholt "Ungkarl" Bachelor and "Pige" Maid Trine Marie JørgensDr Hovdeboe..

They both worked as servants on Lund in 1801, both age 24.

You seems to be related to the whole of Sandsvær.

Kåre

Edited by - Kåarto on 25/01/2009 17:15:01
Go to Top of Page

Kåarto
Norway Heritage Veteran

Norway
5861 Posts

Posted - 25/01/2009 :  17:13:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Jørgen Torstensen was from Røsholt, his father Torsten Pedersen Vines - Winies age 59 in 1801 bought Nordre (Northern) Røsholt in 1793 for 345 Riksdaler and he bought Hans Evensen´s legal birth right for 40 Riksdaler, Jørgens mother was Ingeborg Andersdatterm age 59 in 1801, a daughter Marthe age 18.

Jørgen was a twin when he was christened Dec. 25. 1775, his twin sister Karie died same year, left page, 4. christening after headline 1776;
Eft (efteløt) Søn. (Son) Dat: (Daughter) Tosten Winies døbt Tvilling dater (Twin daughter) Kari og Søn (and son) Jørgen

Trine Marie Jørgensdatter was born to Jørgen Pedersen Evje, he inherit Høfdebøe / Hovdebø from his father Peder Isaksen Evje in 1795, her mother was Mette Maria Torbjørnsdatter Mørk born 1748- died 1779, Jørgen married 2. time to Anne Pedersdatter, here

She was born 1777, christened in Efteløt church Feb. 9 born to Jørgen Høvdebø, bottom left page.
Jørgen Hofdebøes dater Trine Marie, here

Kåre

Edited by - Kåarto on 25/01/2009 19:45:19
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Norway Heritage Community © NorwayHeritage.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
Articles for Newbies:

Hunting Passenger Lists:

An article describing how, and where, to look for passenger information about Norwegian emigrants
    1:   Emigration Records - Sources - Timeline
    2:   Canadian Records (1865-1935)
    3:   Canadian Immigration Records Database
    4:   US arrivals - Customs Passenger Lists
    5:   Port of New York Passenger Records
    6:   Norwegian Emigration Records
    7:   British outbound passenger lists

The Transatlantic Crossing:

An article about how the majority of emigrants would travel. It also gives some insight to the amazing development in how ships were constructed and the transportation arranged
    1:   Early Norwegian Emigrants
    2:   Steerage - Between Decks
    3:   By sail - daily life
    4:   Children of the ocean
    5:   Sailing ship provisions
    6:   Health and sickness
    7:   From sail to steam
    8:   By steamship across the ocean
    9:   The giant express steamers

Search Articles :
Search the Norway Heritage articles

Featured article