All Forums | Main Page | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 NORWEGIAN GENEALOGY
 General genealogy
 Hjartdal Parish Record help
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Lislcat
Advanced member

USA
690 Posts

Posted - 20/01/2009 :  21:37:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi All,
Could someone please take a look at this birth record for my great great grandfather, Ole Johannesen and tell me what it says after his mother's name? His mother was Ingeborg Olsdatter Møsebo, but there is something written between Olsdatter and Møsebo that I can't make out.

#8 on the left side of the page.
Source information: Telemark county, Sauland in Hjartdal, Parish register (official) nr. II 1 (1815-1843), Birth and baptism records 1816, page 5.
Permanent pagelink: http://www.arkivverket.no/URN:kb_read?idx_kildeid=7960&idx_id=7960&uid=ny&idx_side=-6
Permanent imagelink: http://www.arkivverket.no/URN:NBN:no-a1450-kb20061212330511.jpg

Takk for hjelpen!

Lislcat

eibache
Norway Heritage Veteran

Norway
6495 Posts

Posted - 20/01/2009 :  23:10:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think the farm name should be Moseboe = Mosbø, in front of this is "Ladbrugs??? i" which could be "Landbrugsfolk i" = farming people at. Johannes and Ingeborgsmarriage record could be a help.

Einar
Go to Top of Page

Lislcat
Advanced member

USA
690 Posts

Posted - 20/01/2009 :  23:37:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Tusen takk, Einar!

I was hoping you were online, so you could look at the gothic writing. I don't think the marriage record is going to help very much, but here it is.

#2 on the right side
Source information: Telemark county, Hjartdal, Parish register (official) nr. I 6 (1801-1814), Chronological list 1806, page 43.
Permanent pagelink: http://www.arkivverket.no/URN:kb_read?idx_kildeid=1373&idx_id=1373&uid=ny&idx_side=-56
Permanent imagelink: http://www.arkivverket.no/URN:NBN:no-a1450-kb20051007050680.jpg

Lislcat
Go to Top of Page

Hopkins
Norway Heritage Veteran

USA
3351 Posts

Posted - 21/01/2009 :  03:57:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The date is still in a tight binding -- possibly the 3rd? of July. The location in Sauland (subparish of Hjartdal). Bachelor Johanes Olssen Delden and maiden Ingeborg Olsdatter. Best men: Gunlek Smedshuset and Halvor Torgrimsen Loner.

"Delden" might be one of the Deilda farms in Sauland, there's also a Deilden in Tuddal. I'm using the modern spellings of recent publications.
Go to Top of Page

Hopkins
Norway Heritage Veteran

USA
3351 Posts

Posted - 21/01/2009 :  04:08:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes, they mean Deilda - a subfarm of Lonar in Sauland.

Expect to find Johannes Olsen born approximately 1772 possibly on another nearby Lonar subfarm locally known as Nord-Deilda.

Go to Top of Page

Lislcat
Advanced member

USA
690 Posts

Posted - 21/01/2009 :  04:23:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Hopkins!

I had that info that you shared, but couldn't make out what was listed after Ingeborg Olsdatter's name on Ole's birth record. I have Johannes's family traced back to the 1500's. Ingeborg's is the tough one. I still don't have a birth record or her parents' names. I was hoping that the words that I couldn't make out, were a sub-farm of Mosebø, but they weren't. I'll just have to keep on looking.

Thanks again for your help. It's truly appreciated.

Lislcat
Go to Top of Page

eibache
Norway Heritage Veteran

Norway
6495 Posts

Posted - 21/01/2009 :  07:04:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Looking at the marriage record the date should be Dec 27 1805, it says 3rd day of Xmas!
Exactly one year later they baptized their first child Ole, see top of right hand page. He must have died before 1816 then.
Johannes and Ingeborg had Rannou in 1810, bapt. Juli 8, born July 4. They were on Moen, see top female record.
Jan 30 1813 they were also at Moen when Asloug born Jan 15 was baptized, see 2nd from top
None of these records gives any hint on how to interpret the 1816 bapt record.
In 1829 Johannes and Ingeborg were at Kleppen, Asloug was confirmed then, see #5

Einar

Edited by - eibache on 21/01/2009 19:43:21
Go to Top of Page

Lislcat
Advanced member

USA
690 Posts

Posted - 21/01/2009 :  18:27:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Many thanks, Einar!

That is wonderful! I knew about the first Ole, that had died, but I did not know about Rannou and Asloug. More lines to follow.

I still am not sure what farm Ingeborg Olsdatter came from and would like to find out who her parents were.

I will look at the pages for Moen in Hjartdalssoga and see what I can find.

Takk for hjelpen med Ingeborg Olsdatter!
Hils Wanda

Lislcat

Edited by - Lislcat on 21/01/2009 18:27:57
Go to Top of Page

Lislcat
Advanced member

USA
690 Posts

Posted - 21/01/2009 :  19:29:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Could the farm on Asloug's confirmation record be "Kleppen"? I'm not finding a Klepperud.

Thanks, Wanda

Lislcat
Go to Top of Page

eibache
Norway Heritage Veteran

Norway
6495 Posts

Posted - 21/01/2009 :  19:41:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Kleppen of course!

Einar
Go to Top of Page

Lislcat
Advanced member

USA
690 Posts

Posted - 21/01/2009 :  20:16:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Einar!

I'm not finding them at Kleppen yet, but I will keep looking.

Lislcat
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Norway Heritage Community © NorwayHeritage.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
Articles for Newbies:

Hunting Passenger Lists:

An article describing how, and where, to look for passenger information about Norwegian emigrants
    1:   Emigration Records - Sources - Timeline
    2:   Canadian Records (1865-1935)
    3:   Canadian Immigration Records Database
    4:   US arrivals - Customs Passenger Lists
    5:   Port of New York Passenger Records
    6:   Norwegian Emigration Records
    7:   British outbound passenger lists

The Transatlantic Crossing:

An article about how the majority of emigrants would travel. It also gives some insight to the amazing development in how ships were constructed and the transportation arranged
    1:   Early Norwegian Emigrants
    2:   Steerage - Between Decks
    3:   By sail - daily life
    4:   Children of the ocean
    5:   Sailing ship provisions
    6:   Health and sickness
    7:   From sail to steam
    8:   By steamship across the ocean
    9:   The giant express steamers

Search Articles :
Search the Norway Heritage articles

Featured article