All Forums | Main Page | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 NORWEGIAN GENEALOGY
 General genealogy
 Rognstad/Rognstadengen
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

jwiborg
Norway Heritage Veteran

Norway
4961 Posts

Posted - 26/01/2009 :  23:33:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Pauline Maria Olsd Molstadeiet left for America on May 9th, 1883.

Jan Peter
Go to Top of Page

eibache
Norway Heritage Veteran

Norway
6495 Posts

Posted - 27/01/2009 :  00:01:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Searching for Ragna in 1900 census for Kristiania should be with last name "starts with" Ols, Molstadeiet was the farm.
You will find one Ragna if you also include the birth year 75, she was married and had a daughter Solveig born 1897. Wedding record is needed to check if it is the right Ragna.

Einar
Go to Top of Page

eibache
Norway Heritage Veteran

Norway
6495 Posts

Posted - 27/01/2009 :  07:58:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mari Olsdatter or Anders Andersen at Ellefsrud were witnesses at almost all the baptisms. Mari was Marthas aunt (her mothers sister), see #6
Engebret Amundsen (and his children Kari, Marthe, Anders and Jĝrgen) was also witness in many baptisms. He was Marthas uncle (her fathers brother) see #25

Einar

Edited by - eibache on 27/01/2009 08:18:07
Go to Top of Page

Lynn Rognstad
Starting member

USA
16 Posts

Posted - 27/01/2009 :  12:12:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
thanks for all you are doing -the family will be so excited! I'm wondering if I would have any luck looking for Einar's birth record in Oslo? Seems some of Martha's family was there and the lady at the Gran Kirken mentioned that Einar's father- Andreas Amundsen had been there. Einar died in 1955, long befroe the family was interested in genealogy. No one knows anything. Kinda sad I think.
Go to Top of Page

Lynn Rognstad
Starting member

USA
16 Posts

Posted - 27/01/2009 :  12:43:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
any idea where Pauline Marie left from in Norway and to where she was destined? Did anyone else travel with her?
Go to Top of Page

jwiborg
Norway Heritage Veteran

Norway
4961 Posts

Posted - 27/01/2009 :  13:21:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Looks like she travelled with a 2 month old girl named Anne Solberg: link
Destination is Westby, probably the one in Vernon, Wisc.
The note says she travelled together with ticket # 3669/83, which is Kristian P. Solberg & family, also from Gran. So maybe the girl belongs to him and his wife Sigrid. In that case, this Anne could be the same as the one which are listed together with the Solberg family, and is 2 years old, not 2 months. Scroll back 3 pages from Paulines listing.

Jan Peter

Edited by - jwiborg on 27/01/2009 13:36:05
Go to Top of Page

Kċarto
Norway Heritage Veteran

Norway
5861 Posts

Posted - 27/01/2009 :  13:44:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It seems like your Einar wasn´t born in Gran-Brandbu.

Could Dehle be Dihle/Dile and Hans Andeas Amundsen Dile, "ug" unmarried, be Einars father?

Kċre

Edited by - Kċarto on 27/01/2009 23:36:33
Go to Top of Page

jwiborg
Norway Heritage Veteran

Norway
4961 Posts

Posted - 27/01/2009 :  13:48:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kċarto
Could Dehle be Dihle/Dile and Hans Andeas Amundsen Dile, "ug" unmarried, be Einars father?

Kċre
I doubt Hans Andeas is the father, because he got married in 1901.

Jan Peter

Edited by - jwiborg on 27/01/2009 13:49:13
Go to Top of Page

Lynn Rognstad
Starting member

USA
16 Posts

Posted - 27/01/2009 :  15:06:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
On Einar's immigration registration it says his birthplace was Brandbu- if I remember correctly. I just don't know what to think. I have written an email to Hamar asking for information and I have yet to hear something.
Go to Top of Page

Lynn Rognstad
Starting member

USA
16 Posts

Posted - 27/01/2009 :  15:10:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Delle- Einar's mothers maiden name listed on his death certificate, may have come from Edvard's- Martha's brothers- immigration information that listed farm name Dele....something
Go to Top of Page

eibache
Norway Heritage Veteran

Norway
6495 Posts

Posted - 27/01/2009 :  16:27:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
When it is a question of where Dehle, Delle, Dele comes from see my listing 25/01/2009 : 07:30:09 - the 1865 census it is Delemoen!

Einar

Edited by - eibache on 27/01/2009 16:28:29
Go to Top of Page

Lynn Rognstad
Starting member

USA
16 Posts

Posted - 27/01/2009 :  22:24:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just heard back from Hamar and they could not find any record of Einar's birth. They assume that Martha left Brandbu between 1900-1904 because there is no record of Einar'sbirth there or in any neighboring parishes. Dead end again. Will this remain a mystery- we wil see. I'm going to keep trying. Thanks for all you guys have done for me to get this far-you're the best!
Go to Top of Page

Lynn Rognstad
Starting member

USA
16 Posts

Posted - 31/01/2009 :  00:30:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have learned from a lady at the Gran Kirken that Andreas Amundsen (Einar's father) was born in 1874 not 1877 like she originally said. He was working in Oslo, but wasn't sure where he was from. She said there was no further information because she didn't have access to records before 1904. So I am encouraged that I can start looking again with the right date.
Go to Top of Page

jwiborg
Norway Heritage Veteran

Norway
4961 Posts

Posted - 31/01/2009 :  01:35:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Lynn Rognstad

I have learned from a lady at the Gran Kirken that Andreas Amundsen (Einar's father) was born in 1874 not 1877 like she originally said. He was working in Oslo, but wasn't sure where he was from. She said there was no further information because she didn't have access to records before 1904. So I am encouraged that I can start looking again with the right date.

Are there any chances that this lady at the Gran Kirke could give you the sources she have for Einar's father being Andreas Amundsen, born in 1874 and working in Oslo?
Is she in a posistion of a a birth certificate, a christening record, census-information, or maybe a local history book for the area...?

Where she found this information is of great value...

Jan Peter
Go to Top of Page

Lynn Rognstad
Starting member

USA
16 Posts

Posted - 31/01/2009 :  02:09:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That's a great question and I have been online searching for any Andreas Amundsen born around that time. It's way too overwhelming!! I will definetly write her back and ask. I guess I just assume there are lots of records that I will never have access to, but if she could give me a bit more to go on that might really help. Thanks.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Norway Heritage Community © NorwayHeritage.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
Articles for Newbies:

Hunting Passenger Lists:

An article describing how, and where, to look for passenger information about Norwegian emigrants
    1:   Emigration Records - Sources - Timeline
    2:   Canadian Records (1865-1935)
    3:   Canadian Immigration Records Database
    4:   US arrivals - Customs Passenger Lists
    5:   Port of New York Passenger Records
    6:   Norwegian Emigration Records
    7:   British outbound passenger lists

The Transatlantic Crossing:

An article about how the majority of emigrants would travel. It also gives some insight to the amazing development in how ships were constructed and the transportation arranged
    1:   Early Norwegian Emigrants
    2:   Steerage - Between Decks
    3:   By sail - daily life
    4:   Children of the ocean
    5:   Sailing ship provisions
    6:   Health and sickness
    7:   From sail to steam
    8:   By steamship across the ocean
    9:   The giant express steamers

Search Articles :
Search the Norway Heritage articles

Featured article