All Forums | Main Page | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 PASSENGER LISTS AND EMIGRANTS
 Hunting Passenger Lists
 Maren Anderson b. 19 Feb 1857 Norway
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

marypeterson

USA
34 Posts

Posted - 21/07/2013 :  03:31:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have written about my roadblock before. My great-grandfather, Andreas Anderson Berger b.07 Oct 1835 in Eidsvold had a half sister and brother. She was Maren Anderson b. 19 Feb 1857 and he Anton Anderson b. 1860 died Jan. 1900. These names are confusing because Andreas also named a daughter Maren b. 10 Sept 1866 and a son Anton b. 12 June 1856 in Eidsvold who left for America in 1872! Maren 1857 was here by 1895 because she was married to John Brunner on 28 Feb 1895 in La Crosse, Wisconsin. She is listed in the 1895 Wisconsin State Census: 20 June 1895, 1st Ward of City of Onalaska, La Crosse Co., Wisconsin married to John Brunner. She died 11 May 1900 in La Crosse and is buried in the Onalaska Cemetery. I know that the records were burned in Eidsvold, but shouldn't these 2 as children be on a 1865 census and shouldn't they be on some passenger list?According to pictures and the age of the relative I know, Anton 1860 was here in around 1880 They would have come to La Crosse or Trempealeau County Wisconsin.
I have pictures of them and know Maren's descendants, but because she died when her children were young, they are also looking for information. Any possible clue will be most appreciated. Thank you kindly for your time, Mary

mary peterson
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Norway Heritage Community © NorwayHeritage.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
Articles for Newbies:

Hunting Passenger Lists:

An article describing how, and where, to look for passenger information about Norwegian emigrants
    1:   Emigration Records - Sources - Timeline
    2:   Canadian Records (1865-1935)
    3:   Canadian Immigration Records Database
    4:   US arrivals - Customs Passenger Lists
    5:   Port of New York Passenger Records
    6:   Norwegian Emigration Records
    7:   British outbound passenger lists

The Transatlantic Crossing:

An article about how the majority of emigrants would travel. It also gives some insight to the amazing development in how ships were constructed and the transportation arranged
    1:   Early Norwegian Emigrants
    2:   Steerage - Between Decks
    3:   By sail - daily life
    4:   Children of the ocean
    5:   Sailing ship provisions
    6:   Health and sickness
    7:   From sail to steam
    8:   By steamship across the ocean
    9:   The giant express steamers

Search Articles :
Search the Norway Heritage articles

Featured article