All Forums | Main Page | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 NORWEGIAN GENEALOGY
 General genealogy
 Family research
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

cdahl
Medium member

USA
137 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2007 :  21:40:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am seeking help for information on family that I understand originated from the Forradal (Forbygden) area of Norway. My g- grandmother's name was Mali Torgersdatter whose birthdate I have listed as 27 of Jul, 1839 marrying Torstein Olsen Ingstadklev whose birthdate I have as 9 of November, 1841. I am not able to find any information on these people. I don't think I am able to connect with the right web sights. I have Hegra as the home area of Torstein. I would appreciate any help!
Carol

eibache
Norway Heritage Veteran

Norway
6495 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2007 :  22:29:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Look up on http://www.norwayheritage.com/snitz/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=3121 and you will find Torstein Olsen birthdate 9 nov 1841 at Ingstakleiv. He married Mali Torgeirsdatter 31 march 1865 in Trondheim. You will also find that Mali had her birthdate 27 july 1839, died dec 1 1932 at Bricelyn MN. Her parents were Torgeir Olsen and Karen Torsteinsdatter. Torgeirs parents were Ole Johnsen and Beret Rollaugsdatter and Karens parents were Torstein Torsteinsen and Karen Olsdatter.
Well you will find further details on your own.
Good luck!

Einar
Go to Top of Page

Admin
Forum Admin

Norway
528 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2007 :  23:10:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by eibache

Look up on http://www.norwayheritage.com/snitz/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=3121 ...
Einar, that link is this topic!

Webmaster..
Go to Top of Page

Kåarto
Norway Heritage Veteran

Norway
5861 Posts

Posted - 13/02/2007 :  00:04:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Carol, Nord Trøndelag County, Stjørdalsboka- the Hegra part, cotters place under Staga-/Stågåberg, author Birger Moksness: Torgeir Olsen Østerås b. 1799- d.28.4.1855 and wife Karen Torsteinsdatter Håveneset b. 1799. Children: Karen b. 1822, Dorthea b. 1823, Ola b. 1825, Torstein b. 1827 , Beret b 1829, Anders b. 1831, Serianna b. 1835, Jonetta b. 1837, MALI b. 27.7.1839 married to Torstein Olsen Ingstadkleiv and Gunnar b. 1842. According the author both Ola B.1825 married to Ragnhild Andersdatter Stagaberg and Torstein b 1827 married to Anne Hemmingsdatter emigrated to USA. Ola and his family emigrated together wiht his mother, widow Karen Torsteinsdatter 1857. (I don´t have acess to Stjørdalsboka but the authors e-mail adress). Kåre
Go to Top of Page

Jo Anne Sadler
Norway Heritage Veteran

USA
1100 Posts

Posted - 13/02/2007 :  02:31:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Are you referring to the new Hegra book? I have the old, circa 1950's book.

Let me know if you need further lookups.
Go to Top of Page

eibache
Norway Heritage Veteran

Norway
6495 Posts

Posted - 13/02/2007 :  09:06:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Admin

quote:
Originally posted by eibache

Look up on http://www.norwayheritage.com/snitz/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=3121 ...
Einar, that link is this topic!

Sorry, the link should have been
http://www.familysearch.org/Eng/search/frameset_search.asp?PAGE=ancestorsearchresults.asp

Einar
Go to Top of Page

Kåarto
Norway Heritage Veteran

Norway
5861 Posts

Posted - 13/02/2007 :  10:21:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Jo Anne, Hegra county side is mentioned in Stjørdalsboka b. 5.part 1-2. They likely emigrated from Dep. port Trondheim on SS Jupiter April 21 via bergen or Bark Sverre dep. Mai 19- arr. Quebeck july 10. 1857. Karen Torsteinsdatter was daughter of: 1801 sencus Stjørdal, Torsten Torstensen age 29 and Karen Olsdatter age 39, cotters under Haave. Karen´s grandmother Karen Olsdatter age 60 was a renter on the farm in 1801. The letter I was referring to, if it works: http://64.233.183.104/search?q=cache:L3rFAU69yUIJ:archiver.rootsweb.com/th/read/TRONDELAG/2003-08/1062354183+ingstadkleiv&hl=nn&ct=clnk&cd=1&gl=no
Go to Top of Page

cdahl
Medium member

USA
137 Posts

Posted - 13/02/2007 :  16:29:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks to all who responded. I will follow up on the information.
Carol
Go to Top of Page

Jo Anne Sadler
Norway Heritage Veteran

USA
1100 Posts

Posted - 13/02/2007 :  19:13:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes, I know where it is mentioned, I have the Hegra book as well as a complete index to all 9 books in the Størdalsboka series.

What I wanted to know is "which edition of the book(s) you were talking about"? The newly released 2006 Hegra book or prior editions, it makes a big difference. The new books are updated with current information but then they drop some of the older information.

And I don't feel like going to the trouble of looking up information unless people specifically ask for it. Many times people already have this information and then one is left looking up information for no reason.
Go to Top of Page

Kåarto
Norway Heritage Veteran

Norway
5861 Posts

Posted - 13/02/2007 :  22:48:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was referring to Birger Moksness and what I find online about Hegra and Stjørdalsboka, sorry if I misled you. About Torger Olsen Østerås (Eastern ridge), 1801 census Stjørdal, farm Østeraas, Torger Olsen age 3, two brothers: Rolluf age 5 and Joen age 7, two sisters: Mali age 13 and Guru age 15, mother Beret Rollufsdatt er age 42 and father Ole Joensen age 40, both married 1. time and working as servants on Østeraas. http://digitalarkivet.uib.no/cgi-win/webcens.exe?slag=visbase&sidenr=2&filnamn=f11714&gardpostnr=214&merk=214#ovre
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Norway Heritage Community © NorwayHeritage.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
Articles for Newbies:

Hunting Passenger Lists:

An article describing how, and where, to look for passenger information about Norwegian emigrants
    1:   Emigration Records - Sources - Timeline
    2:   Canadian Records (1865-1935)
    3:   Canadian Immigration Records Database
    4:   US arrivals - Customs Passenger Lists
    5:   Port of New York Passenger Records
    6:   Norwegian Emigration Records
    7:   British outbound passenger lists

The Transatlantic Crossing:

An article about how the majority of emigrants would travel. It also gives some insight to the amazing development in how ships were constructed and the transportation arranged
    1:   Early Norwegian Emigrants
    2:   Steerage - Between Decks
    3:   By sail - daily life
    4:   Children of the ocean
    5:   Sailing ship provisions
    6:   Health and sickness
    7:   From sail to steam
    8:   By steamship across the ocean
    9:   The giant express steamers

Search Articles :
Search the Norway Heritage articles

Featured article