All Forums | Main Page | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 NORWEGIAN GENEALOGY
 Norwegians in America
 Anton Aamundsen
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

GloriaHerbert

USA
71 Posts

Posted - 27/12/2008 :  20:02:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Is there anymore info on Anthons siblings Jacob and Jens? And was Marie Pedersdatter a only child. Is there any info on Anne Jacobsdatter parents? Did Anthons and Marie have any other children besides Amund? Thanks a bunch.

Gloria
Go to Top of Page

GloriaHerbert

USA
71 Posts

Posted - 05/01/2009 :  20:38:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
No answer on my inquiry, so will assume I asked incorrectly. Or there is no further information to be had.
Anne Marie Pederstadder parents were Eli Anthonsdatter, and father Joe Hoensn, who had an eldest son Joen on Moldestad. Can you get me any other information on Anne Marie Perdersdatter, Marie or other siblings??
Can you find any more info on Anne Jacobsdatter parents, siblings etc.
Is there any record of Anthons and Marie having other siblings besides Amund?

Thank You Sorry if I ask the wrong questions or if you have already answered and I missed the answer or read it incorrectly.

Gloria
Go to Top of Page

eibache
Norway Heritage Veteran

Norway
6495 Posts

Posted - 05/01/2009 :  21:31:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Anne Marie Pederstadder parents were Eli Anthonsdatter, and father Joe Hoensn, who had an eldest son Joen on Moldestad. Can you get me any other information on Anne Marie Perdersdatter, Marie or other siblings??

See census 1801 posted 22/12/2008, i.e. Anne Marir (Marie) Pedersdatter, parents Peder Larsen and Eli Anthonsdatter. Anne Marie Pedersdatters siblings (one is Baarni in the 1801 census) others was most likely born earlier, her mother was 50 years in 1801.
Peder Larsen and Eli Anthonsdatter married Nov 15 1779 see here
Read baptismal records from here and onwards.
Daughter Borni bapt March 18 1780, see top of right column, left hand page
Daughter Margrethe baptized July 15 1781, see 3rd from top of right column on left hand page
Lars baptized April 1 1785, see left column, left hand page
Lars baptized May 10 1789, see bottom of left column, left hand page

Einar

Edited by - eibache on 05/01/2009 23:03:00
Go to Top of Page

eibache
Norway Heritage Veteran

Norway
6495 Posts

Posted - 05/01/2009 :  23:16:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

look for baptismal records after 1810.

Einar
Go to Top of Page

GloriaHerbert

USA
71 Posts

Posted - 05/01/2009 :  23:41:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks you for clarifying the information. Yes I see now. Will try to do better next time.
Again thanks for the heads up.

Gloria
Go to Top of Page

GloriaHerbert

USA
71 Posts

Posted - 07/01/2009 :  19:03:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Marriage of Anthons Aamundson, HOle and the widow Anne Jacobsdatter, Moldestad, 4/5/1744 above, I read the following: Wittness: Jens Aamundsen, _______ Pederson(en), Lars Rasmussen, Moldestad, ___. After the grooms name is it his occupation____ and the bride, servant___ and was the announcement on the 2nd of April in papers? Are Niels Jenssen and Peder_________ wittness or parents Maybe hers or her children from 1st marriage? Maybe.

Gloria
Go to Top of Page

eibache
Norway Heritage Veteran

Norway
6495 Posts

Posted - 07/01/2009 :  20:10:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It is good to have this opportunity to do some corrections of earlier misreading/mistakes, just hope this will be correct.
Firstly, the three columns on the left page are: date for engagement, name and standing of groom and bride, dates for announcements in church. The columns on the right page is: date of wedding, name and residence of groom and bride, - the next three columns are burrial records and have nothing to do with the marriage records.
Then, this is what it says in the columns for engagement and wedding:
1 Sunday after New Year = Jan 12 1744
Anthons Aamundsen Hole Enkem. (sorry for a mistake anthons was the widower)
Anne Jacobsdatter Moldestad Pige (she was a maiden)
Jens Aamundsen Scharsteen (Witness)
Lars Rasmusen Moldestad (Witness)
2 Sunday after New Year = Jan 19 1744
Septuagesima = Jan 26 1744
Quasimodo geneti =April 5 1744
and lastly the names of groom and bride.
Sorry for reading wrong earlier, it is more common to give the standing before the names rather than after, not the case here.

Einar

Edited by - eibache on 07/01/2009 20:11:54
Go to Top of Page

GloriaHerbert

USA
71 Posts

Posted - 07/01/2009 :  23:14:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you for the clarification. I just spent 3 hours going through the 1865 census looking for anything on Aamund Anthoensen b. 10/28/1810 . I don't have the hang of it yet. so I had to look through 4300 names and 701 farms. My daughter came over in the middle and I had to log off. I finally got the English, but I guess I imput the wrong data, because II get all of the Gloppen Records and all the farms. Will work on it again tomorrow. I am sure it will be a lovely tool when I figure it out. Thanks.

Gloria
Go to Top of Page

Hopkins
Norway Heritage Veteran

USA
3351 Posts

Posted - 07/01/2009 :  23:45:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Search by using as little spelling as possible - that allows for differences in spelling that might be in the census.

Click your way into the 1865 census for Gloppen. Try narrowing the field by searching first for all the MEN. (Kjønn er like M)
Then for Last Name starts with (list all) An... (Etternamn børjar på, vis An) Choose all of those similar to Anton/Anthon/etc by clicking in the boxes next to THOSE names.
Then ask the database to list all the First Names of those you have narrowed down to. (Førnamn alle ord vis)
I saw only one man who met all those previous requirements whose First Name was Amund.
Go to Top of Page

GloriaHerbert

USA
71 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2009 :  00:14:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Hopkins. Well if he is not anywhere in 1865, I will have to find out if he went to America with his parents. Still trying to figure out how to find those records. I'm slow brained. Have to do things 3 or 4 times before I understand it. "Senior Thing" Will try to find out where Anthons Aamundsen and Anne Marie Pedersdatter are in 1965, maybe that will work. The Wisconsin Census for Crawford County were destroyed in a fire in 1921, so all prior records are missing. Trying Some South Dakota records, but still slow going there. But thanks anyway. I have hit a roadblock on Amund Antonsen it seems. :)

Gloria
Go to Top of Page

eibache
Norway Heritage Veteran

Norway
6495 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2009 :  07:52:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Yes in Sept 1808 they had a son Peder, see 5th record from bottom of left column on right hand page
Aug 15 they baptized Eli, see the 9th record in right column on left hand page
Nov 4 1815 they baptized Maria, see the 9th record in right column on right hand page
Jens was born June 7 1818 and baptized June 14, see #21
Peder was born Oct 9 and bapt Oct 29 1820, see #44
Borni was born in March 1823 and bapt in April, see #15
Have not search for later births, they had been married in 16 years when Borni was born.

Einar

Edited by - eibache on 08/01/2009 08:25:41
Go to Top of Page

Hopkins
Norway Heritage Veteran

USA
3351 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2009 :  12:09:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I thought I was making it clear that there WAS one Amund Antonsen in Gloppen in 1865 and that I was giving search steps in that database that were successful. It was "Aamund Anthoensen b. 10/28/1810" that you had stated you had looked for for hours.

I'll repeat and include the resulting numbers of persons each step ended up with.
Click your way into the 1865 census for Gloppen. (4703 persons)
Try narrowing the field by searching first for all the MEN. (Kjønn er like M) (2284 persons)
Then for Last Name starts with (list all) An... (Etternamn børjar på, vis An) Choose all of those similar to Anton/Anthon/etc by clicking in the boxes next to THOSE names. (46 persons)
Then ask the database to list all the First Names of those you have narrowed down to. (Førnamn alle ord vis) (1 person)
I saw only one man who met all those previous requirements whose First Name was Amund.

http://digitalarkivet.uib.no/cgi-win/webcens.exe?slag=visbase&sidenr=12&filnamn=f61445&gardpostnr=669&sokefelt=skjul

I thought you wanted to learn HOW to use the search functions of the Digitalarkivet databases for 1865.
Go to Top of Page

GloriaHerbert

USA
71 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2009 :  18:32:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hopkins,
I am sorry if you misunderstood me. That happens. Yes I was very grateful for your help. Yes I was looking for instructions for using the data base. I was trying to search for children of Amund, as eibache has already linked me to Amund. I am so sorry for all this confusion. I must have misunderstood your instructions. My fault. Like I said, senior moments.

Gloria
Go to Top of Page

GloriaHerbert

USA
71 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2009 :  18:36:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
eibache,
I am glad you realized my 1965 was a mistype for 1865. Thank you for your help. I had stared in 1810 and only got to 1812. I will keep searching. However, the links you have given me are worth millions of hours. You are a dear. Thank you.

Gloria
Go to Top of Page

GloriaHerbert

USA
71 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2009 :  20:26:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
eibache,
I will be glad to search for later births. Anna Marir was just a few days shy of her 17th birthday when they were married and being only 33 years old may have had more children. But thanks for the search. Will let you know if I have any more problems. Going to try Hopkins directions for a while. It was not my intention to upset anyone. Thanks a bunch for all of the hard work everyone, I was only trying to convey how much I was grateful for your help and respected you by telling you what I had gone through. Truly, I do understand. Will keep on looking. Thanks

Gloria
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Norway Heritage Community © NorwayHeritage.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
Articles for Newbies:

Hunting Passenger Lists:

An article describing how, and where, to look for passenger information about Norwegian emigrants
    1:   Emigration Records - Sources - Timeline
    2:   Canadian Records (1865-1935)
    3:   Canadian Immigration Records Database
    4:   US arrivals - Customs Passenger Lists
    5:   Port of New York Passenger Records
    6:   Norwegian Emigration Records
    7:   British outbound passenger lists

The Transatlantic Crossing:

An article about how the majority of emigrants would travel. It also gives some insight to the amazing development in how ships were constructed and the transportation arranged
    1:   Early Norwegian Emigrants
    2:   Steerage - Between Decks
    3:   By sail - daily life
    4:   Children of the ocean
    5:   Sailing ship provisions
    6:   Health and sickness
    7:   From sail to steam
    8:   By steamship across the ocean
    9:   The giant express steamers

Search Articles :
Search the Norway Heritage articles

Featured article