All Forums | Main Page | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 NORWEGIAN GENEALOGY
 General genealogy
 Daniel D Tanngen(Danielson)
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

jkmarler
Norway Heritage Veteran

USA
7790 Posts

Posted - 04/02/2009 :  15:39:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Brenda,

There are lots of possibilities why burial accomodations are the way they are. The most likely is that Hannah was buried where they lived at the time she died and Daniel was buried where he lived at the time he died. Sometimes bodies are exhumed and reburied when the family relocates, sometimes a "missing" partner is memorialized on the stone but remains buried elsewhere. It doesn't look like Hannah's name is on Daniel's stone and vice versa. But do you know why the family moved to Becker County? There are two interesting Daniel Danielson in the Minnesota death index from Becker county. The second is most interesting--could this be Daniel Tangen's father???

DANIELSON, DANIEL
Date of Birth: na
Place of Birth: na
Mother Maiden Name: na
certid# 1917-MN-000389
Date of Death: 04 Feb 1917
County of Death: BECKER

DANIELSON, DANIEL
Date of Birth: <1818>
Place of Birth: SWEDEN
Mother Maiden Name: PERSON
certid# 1906-45A-665
Date of Death: 25 Apr 1906

Family history is never done.....

PS it appears that the Daniel Danielson b 1818 is unlikely to be Daniel's father as he & his family appear in several census schedules and wife and children are all born in Sweden. However, Daniel D. Tangen with wife Hanna children Didrick, Kaja and Carl are found in the Minnesota 1885 State census schedules taken 14 May 1885 Tansem Township, Clay county, Minnesota. Carl is listed as born Minnesota, aged 10 months.

Jackie M.

Edited by - jkmarler on 05/02/2009 23:03:42
Go to Top of Page

Brenda Armstrong
Starting member

Canada
14 Posts

Posted - 08/02/2009 :  04:57:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My great grandfather was Daniel Danielson but went by Tangen and he was born Sept 1/1845 I was told. From what I understand the Daniel Danielson born 1818 was his father. I don't know why they were there and have only begun to check where they were. I know they were around the Greenbush area in Mn and Roseau and at one point at Rollag Mn. I believe they may have rented my other grandmother's mother's place (Hanna Solberg) there and I think that is how my grandparents must have met.. I know one of the great great grandparents Danielson were from Sweden and I was told they were from Finnskoggan as I saw it somewhere on a census.. I am guessing too that the Hanna at Cormorant and the other place ar ethe same person. Where daniel tangen (Danielson) was buried at Cormorant there is a stone right beside himthat barely says Hanna. And I mean a "stone" not a fancy carved one.
quote:
Originally posted by jkmarler

Hi Brenda,

There are lots of possibilities why burial accomodations are the way they are. The most likely is that Hannah was buried where they lived at the time she died and Daniel was buried where he lived at the time he died. Sometimes bodies are exhumed and reburied when the family relocates, sometimes a "missing" partner is memorialized on the stone but remains buried elsewhere. It doesn't look like Hannah's name is on Daniel's stone and vice versa. But do you know why the family moved to Becker County? There are two interesting Daniel Danielson in the Minnesota death index from Becker county. The second is most interesting--could this be Daniel Tangen's father???

DANIELSON, DANIEL
certid# 1917-MN-000389

DANIELSON, DANIEL
certid# 1906-45A-665

PS it appears that the Daniel Danielson b 1818 is unlikely to be Daniel's father as he & his family appear in several census schedules and wife and children are all born in Sweden. However, Daniel D. Tangen with wife Hanna children Didrick, Kaja and Carl are found in the Minnesota 1885 State census schedules taken 14 May 1885 Tansem Township, Clay county, Minnesota. Carl is listed as born Minnesota, aged 10 months.

Jackie M.

Go to Top of Page

Brenda Armstrong
Starting member

Canada
14 Posts

Posted - 08/02/2009 :  05:01:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
[I think it might be his father because they were I think from Sweden and that date matches. What did you mean by "interesting". Was he a character? It is very possible the whole family came. I do understand that daniel D tangen's kids were born in Minnesota. But Daniel D tangen was born in Norway (Finnskogan) quote]Originally posted by jkmarler

Hi Brenda,

DANIELSON, DANIEL
certid# 1917-MN-000389

DANIELSON, DANIEL
certid# 1906-45A-665

Jackie M.
[/quote]
Go to Top of Page

jkmarler
Norway Heritage Veteran

USA
7790 Posts

Posted - 08/02/2009 :  09:17:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Brenda,

By "Interesting" I meant if this were my search I would hang onto this reference until Daniel Danielson b 1818 Sweden d 1906 Becker county can be eliminated or accepted.

There are about a half dozen Daniel Danielsons in the Minnesota online death index and until they can be eliminated they are potentially the father of Daniel D. Tangen.

Since Daniel Danielson the known father of Daniel Tangen is not found in the 1900 census in Soler Township, Roseau County, Minnesota--this was reported by Jan Peter on Jan 31--, Daniel Tangen's father could possibly be still in Norway, or some other place entirely or dead. You don't know until you have found a record with his death, his move, or other characteristics which matches other known facts about him, such as his birthplace, or his family's birthplaces or ages or names, etc which allow you to match a potential Daniel Danielson.

But what now appears to be true about the Daniel Danielson b. 1818 Sweden died 1906 Becker County referred to previously is that his "wife" was born in Sweden, and the 20 and 30 years old "apparent children" of his in his household in a couple of Minnesota State censuses (1895, 1905 both Becker county) were also born in Sweden. So that's why it now appears less likely that that Daniel Danielson is your Daniel's father, facts are not a clear match.

Sorry to belabor this wee small point, I guess you have other issues about these folks, and I'm sorry to have pointed this fellow out, before you have resolved them. Good Luck to you!

Jackie M.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Norway Heritage Community © NorwayHeritage.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
Articles for Newbies:

Hunting Passenger Lists:

An article describing how, and where, to look for passenger information about Norwegian emigrants
    1:   Emigration Records - Sources - Timeline
    2:   Canadian Records (1865-1935)
    3:   Canadian Immigration Records Database
    4:   US arrivals - Customs Passenger Lists
    5:   Port of New York Passenger Records
    6:   Norwegian Emigration Records
    7:   British outbound passenger lists

The Transatlantic Crossing:

An article about how the majority of emigrants would travel. It also gives some insight to the amazing development in how ships were constructed and the transportation arranged
    1:   Early Norwegian Emigrants
    2:   Steerage - Between Decks
    3:   By sail - daily life
    4:   Children of the ocean
    5:   Sailing ship provisions
    6:   Health and sickness
    7:   From sail to steam
    8:   By steamship across the ocean
    9:   The giant express steamers

Search Articles :
Search the Norway Heritage articles

Featured article