All Forums | Main Page | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 PASSENGER LISTS AND EMIGRANTS
 Hunting Passenger Lists
 Need help finding bergen norway to NY list 1913
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

ldsmom33
Starting member

14 Posts

Posted - 28/05/2002 :  06:24:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Borge, I am so new at this. I feel very overwhelmed at times. It's so different thatn American or even European family research. Would you suggest that I contact the county in Iowa that Conrad is from? My husbands grandfather(Conrad's son in law) said this weekend that Conrad jumped ship in NY so He wouldn't have to go through Ellis Esland. I am going to ask him in a few days if he knew what he did for a living and see if he was a seaman or crewman on the ship. I will wait your reply. bewteen you and Patti I trust the guidance and assistance.i appreciate all of your help and experience in the area.
Lisa

Go to Top of Page

guma
Starting member

Norway
5 Posts

Posted - 27/12/2004 :  09:26:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ldsmom33

I am looking for someone who can either find my husbands gt granfathers name on the passenger list for a ship leaving Bergen,Norway going to NY in 1913 or a way to find the name of the ship and list myself. Please help me I am not at all sure how to do this.
Name: Conrad Ole Hansen
b- 11/29/1893 Bergen Norway
d- 11/1/1973 LongBeach,CA,USA
m- Edna Josephine Lizer 11/1917 Iowa
lived in Iowa until moving to LongBeach,CA in 1930's or 1940'
where he died in 1973
He is on the 1920 Iowa census that shows his birth place as Bergen and his language is Norweigen. His parents were both in Norway and their language was Norweigen too on this census
It also says he came her ein 1913
This is the only info I have on him.

Lisa in CA

Edited by - ldsmom33 on 21/05/2002 16:36:22

Hei,
My great grandfather is born north of Bergen 1893 on a farm called Keilen in Lindaas, his name was Konrad Hansen. He was a fisherman and married with my great grandmother(Olava Kristofferdotter) at Karmøy in Rogaland approx1912, and they lived in a small house together with Olava's parents/familiy on a place called Sevig (Sævik). Konrad didn't make much money as a fisherman and decided to try the luck in the States. He travelled 14feb 1914 via Stavanger to Liverpool in UK, from there to Ellis Island and arrived there 24 feb 1914, his final destination was Iowa. I've been told that he sent letters and money back home to get his wife over, but she was afraid to go. Konrad then travelled back to Norway to bring his family over, but Olava never go with Konrad to the states. At last Konrad gave up and went back to the states maybe in 1917 and my family at Karmoy never heard anything more from him. It would have been interesting to check out whether this is the same Konrad. I've tried to send a e-mail to Lisa via this site but the adress didn't work anymore, so if anyone can help me to come in contact with Lisa I will be thankful.

Gunnar
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Norway Heritage Community © NorwayHeritage.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
Articles for Newbies:

Hunting Passenger Lists:

An article describing how, and where, to look for passenger information about Norwegian emigrants
    1:   Emigration Records - Sources - Timeline
    2:   Canadian Records (1865-1935)
    3:   Canadian Immigration Records Database
    4:   US arrivals - Customs Passenger Lists
    5:   Port of New York Passenger Records
    6:   Norwegian Emigration Records
    7:   British outbound passenger lists

The Transatlantic Crossing:

An article about how the majority of emigrants would travel. It also gives some insight to the amazing development in how ships were constructed and the transportation arranged
    1:   Early Norwegian Emigrants
    2:   Steerage - Between Decks
    3:   By sail - daily life
    4:   Children of the ocean
    5:   Sailing ship provisions
    6:   Health and sickness
    7:   From sail to steam
    8:   By steamship across the ocean
    9:   The giant express steamers

Search Articles :
Search the Norway Heritage articles

Featured article